Interested in buying your first home but don’t know where to start? Check out our simple tips to help First Home Buyers own their own homes. Then read on to find out how Optometry Finance Australia will help make the process simple and as pain free as possible.
I’m a first home buyer. What do I need to know?
Did you know that you need to have a savings plan with at least 3-months history in order to be eligible for a Home Loan?
Did you know that First Home Buyers need to have at least 3-month savings history to qualify for a loan? Lenders look for evidence that you can put money aside each month to repay your loan. (The amount of deposit varies dependant on your individual circumstances)
Did you know that you need more than just your deposit? Allow for expenses like:
- Settlement Agent Costs
- Moving costs
- Connection costs for electricity, gas, telephone
Quick fix: Set up a savings account today and tick this off your list. Use our saving calculator to help set up your savings plan.
- Did you know that if you are a First Home Buyer and the property you wish to purchase is newly built and has never been lived in then you are eligible for a $10,000 First Home Owners Grant? (If the property has been lived in the grant is currently $3,000.)
- Did you know that with a First Home Owners Grant you do not need to pay stamp duty if the purchase price is below $430,000? That could be a saving of up to $14,850.
- Did you know that if you are concerned about your credit file, you can get help by contacting our office on 1300 OPT FIN? We can provide you with an obligation and cost free credit check before you start the process of applying for your loan.
Our reputation for looking after the best interests of our clients has made us a popular choice with First Home Buyers. The process can feel complicated but with the right guidance and support you could be in your first home sooner than you think.
What to do and why Optometry Finance Australia is the right choice
For some people the complexity of buying a first home is enough to convince themselves that living with their parents isn’t so bad after all. But, with the right people working for you, the process doesn’t need to be complicated or stressful. You can get out of home and into your own place!
Optometry Finance Australia 5 steps to buying your first home:
1. We provide you with a checklist that clearly outlines everything you need to bring to your first meeting.
- Supplying everything on the checklist will help us to get the ball rolling quickly and smoothly for you
2. We conduct a Needs Analysis at a time that suits you in the comfort of your own home.
- The Needs Analysis allows us to find out exactly what you are looking for. Each First Home Buyer has different priorities and needs, and the Needs Analysis enables us to find out how we can best serve your interests with the 31 providers we have available
3. Using all the information we have collected, we conduct a Preliminary Credit Assessment to find a selection of suitable offers from the 31 providers we use.
- We will present this selection to you and ensure that you are kept fully informed so that you can make the right choice to meet your needs
4. We will put together your Home Loan Application with the Lender of your choice, submit the Application and keep you fully informed and updated throughout the process
- In our experience, knowing what is going on is vital to a stress free process.
5. We help you go through and sign all the mortgage documents once they have been approved.
- These documents can be lengthy and by going through these with you page-by-page, we can ensure that you understand what you are signing
Optometry Finance Australia look after first home buyers in all areas of the home loan process. Whether you are looking for land packages, or house and land packages we will make it easy. If you are looking for a land package as an investment speak to one of our team on 1300 OPT FIN for some financial guidance.
Optometry Finance Australia: the one-stop-shop for first home buyers
At Optometry Finance Australia we not only provide you with access to 31 different lenders, making sure you have the best options for loans available to you, but we can put you in touch with settlement agents and buyers agents who are experienced in assisting first home buyers. Our recommended buyers agents can also help you find the right land package or house and land package for the requirements you have. With their expertise in localities around Australia, they can make it easy for you to find the best house and land package to suit your lifestyle needs.
Are you ready to make the move?
Moving homes can be stressful and complicated, but when handled with the sensitivity, professionalism and genuine care for the best result that give to all of our clients, it can also be extremely exciting.
If you are ready to make the move, or you think it is time you found out a bit more, speak to one of our friendly team members today and let us help get you into your first home. Call 1300 OPT FIN and tell us you are a First Home Buyer.